The Dowerin Car Club originated in the 1920's during the heyday of early motorsport held in the wheatbelt town of Dowerin, Western Australia. The period from the late '20's to the late 1930's saw a very active motor racing scene in and around the town. Racing was held on a townsite circuit and also on dry salt lakes in the district. The outbreak of war saw a rapid decline in such events. In recent times, the Club has been reformed and in honour of our predecessors the 'old' club logo has been revived and become, once more, the symbol of Dowerin motor enthusiasts.
The Club caters for all marques and membership is open to everyone, not just those from Dowerin. Members own a wide array of vehicles from a Triumph Herald, Jaguar XJ6, early Dodge, early Landrovers, a multitude of Fords, a number of Japanese models to tractors and trucks.
Interesting fact: Club member John Metcalf (seated far left in picture) raced many cars in the 1930s, including the Citroen marque.
Club Members with cars, January 2010
Club HQ, with new signage added 2011
Being based in an active farming community, the Club holds events accommodating the lifestyle of the area. This means during busy seeding and harvest times, events are scaled back. However, in the more manageable times, the Club organises navigation runs, special visits, BBQs and the 'jewel in the crown' of the Club... the annual Theo's Run show. From 2012 this is to be part of an expanded event. Feedback from enthusiasts tells us that many are tiring of many shows as they all seem to be similar. We are maintaining the core values of Theo's Run, but adding new features.
Quick Contact... firstname.lastname@example.org